What Are Dentures, Their Types, Cost, Advantages & Aftercare Tips?
Replacing missing teeth is crucial for your smile, dental function, and oral health. When you visit our dentist in 33618, they will offer various teeth replacement methods. These include implants, bridges, or dentures. If the dentist recommends dentures, you should know what to expect. Continue reading to learn about dentures.
What are Dentures?
They are oral appliances used to replace teeth restoring aesthetics and functionality. Dentures are custom-made, ensuring they fit comfortably in the mouth. They can be fabricated from acrylic, nylon, resin, and porcelain with a metal framework. The dentist may use them to replace a missing tooth or all the teeth in the mouth.
What are the Types of Dentures?
There are various types of dentures, but the two main types are full and partial. Partial dentures replace a few missing teeth and rely on adjacent teeth for support. Complete dentures replace all the teeth in the mouth, gums, and surrounding tissues. They are held in place by suction, adhesive, or dental implants. Below are variations of denture types:
1) Temporary or Immediate Dentures
They are dentures fitted immediately after a dental extraction. Immediate dentures allow you to retain your smile and functionality after the dentist pulls out a tooth or two. However, they are worn for a short while as you wait for the gums to heal and get a more permanent option.
2) Implant-supported Dentures
These are non-removable dentures supported by dental implants. The dentist surgically attaches small metal posts in the jawbone and then connects the dentures. They are permanently fixed to the implants and can only be removed by a dentist. Implant-supported dentures are suitable for people who do not want removable dental appliances.
3) Implant-retained Dentures
These dentures are also attached to dental implants. However, they are removable. The dentist attaches them to clasps that can be snapped in and out. Implant-retained dentures are more stable and natural-looking than traditional dentures. In addition, they are easier to keep clean compared to implant-supported dentures.
4) Flexible Dentures
They are partial dentures made from more flexible materials like nylon. Their material makes them lighter and more comfortable. Also, they are not attached to any metal parts giving them a more natural look and feel.
How Much Does Getting Dentures Cost?
The price of dentures varies. It depends on the type, insurance coverage, and the number of missing teeth. Complete dentures cost more than partial ones. Dentures supported by implants are the most expensive. Consult our dentist in Carrollwood, FL for an evaluation to determine the exact cost.
What are the Benefits of Getting Dentures?
Dentures have several advantages, and some of them are highlighted below:
- Dentures replace missing teeth restoring your ability to eat and speak properly.
- They are designed to help fill out your facial profile. Therefore, they improve your appearance and give you a more youthful look.
- They restore your smile and looks, boosting self-esteem and confidence.
- Dentures improve your chewing function leading to better nutrition and improved overall health.
- Getting dentures near you is more affordable compared to other teeth replacement treatments.
- Implant-supported and retained dentures look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
What are the Aftercare Tips for Dentures?
Providing proper care and maintenance helps keep dentures durable and in good condition. Below are a few guidelines to make sure your appliance functions well and looks attractive:
- Take off your dentures before bed every day.
- Clean them with a suitable denture brush and solution to remove food debris and plaque.
- Soak them overnight in a denture solution to keep them moist and less likely to break.
- Brush your tongue, gums, remaining teeth, and the rest of the mouth in the morning and evening.
- Handle the dentures carefully when cleaning, wearing, or removing them to prevent damage.
- Do not fix damaged or ill-fitting dentures yourself. Instead, take your chipped, cracked, or broken dentures to the dentist for repair or adjustment.
- Visit our dentist in 33618 regularly. They will help care for your mouth to prevent gum infections. In addition, they will repair or replace your dentures when necessary.
Get Dentures Near You
Dentures are an excellent solution to missing teeth. They restore functionality and aesthetics and help improve facial appearance. Contact Bay Premier Dentistry to restore your smile and confidence by getting dentures in Tampa, FL. We offer all types of dentures for a beautiful, natural-looking smile!